1. I am enjoying have a full time job with benefits. As an intern, I was always broke and wondering how I was going to make my next school payment. Now that I am a working professional, with a salary I have the small luxury of going out for drinks with friends. I no longer have to pinch EVERY PENNY I make.
2. I have finally found a hair style, color and look that I love! It’s taken me years and a few bad hair cuts and dye jobs to finally figure out what style I like best.
3. I have an awesome boyfriend. My early 20’s were filled with a whole bunch of bad dates and even worse boyfriends. I put up with way more crap than I ever should have. You never know how bad things were until you find something better.
4. Friends. I have lost some old friends, but I am starting to make new ones! I absolutely love making new friends. It can be hard to make friends as an adult. I have slowly, but surely started to make new friends and let go of the old.
5. I am discovering new things about myself. In a sense, I am discovering a whole new me. I have been pushed and pulled in more ways than I can count this past year. I have discovered talents that I never even knew I had.
6. Ok, I know I said this list would only contain 5 things, but I just thought of this last one and I have to share it. I have gained so much confidence in my mid 20’s. I am more sure of who I am, what I want and where I want my life to head.
And, yes I finally admitted that I am in fact in my MID 20’s. I wish I could stretch it and say I am in my early 20’s but I am pretty sure, at 24 you are at the beginning of your mid 20’s.
How about you? What are you enjoying most about your 20’s? If you are not in your 20’s, what did you enjoy during that time in your life?