Six months ago, I never would have said all women should own a gun. Guns are certainly foreign objects to me. I’ve never had the desire to own a weapon of any kind.
It hasn’t been until recently that I changed my mind. So, I posted below the top 5 reasons I believe women should own a gun.
1. Women are prime targets for rape and violence. A bottle of mace isn’t going to cut it with an attacker. To me, a handgun is the best way for a female to protect herself.
2. Women should take their personal safety into their own hands, by not owning a gun women depend on everyone else to take care of them.
3. Owning a gun can bring a peace of mind. This reason connects with me the most. Upon no circumstances do I ever want to use a gun, but knowing that I own one would make me feel more powerful.
4. Being prepared is another great reason for a female to own a gun. The world is a crazy place, you never know what is going to happen.
5. Owning a gun can be fun. I know that every female that buys a gun is certainly not a gun enthusiast. I’ve gone shooting with my boyfriend a few times. It was scary at first, but eventually the fear goes away.
These are just a few of many reasons women should own a gun. What are yours? Are you against women owning guns? Do you think that if more women owned guns there would be less violence against women?